“Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Howard Thurman
I am a clinical psychologist in practice in the Seattle area, with offices in downtown Seattle and Snoqualmie Ridge. My objective is to help you create the kind of life you want.
I can help you with these types of problems or goals:
- Managing or making life transitions
- Anxiety and stress management
- Depression and bipolar disorder
- Improved relationships and communication
- Balance in emotions
- Increasing simplicity in your life
- Creating more work/life balance
As a cognitive-behavioral therapist, I will use all of the skills and strategies in my toolkit to help with this objective.
These are the types of problems and strategies we may work on:
- Strong emotions can become more balanced by learning to identify emotions, learning ways to behave differently when overwhelmed with emotions, and taking actions to be more emotionally balanced overall. We can work on making your emotions be your friend, not your foe.
- Mindfulness skills can help you become more aware of your experiences – both inside and out – and also help you be more present to your life. This can help you appreciate your life more and also make decisions and take actions based on what is truly important to you.
- Cognitive and behavioral techniques can help you to identify and change unhelpful thought or behavior patterns.
- Communication and relationship skills can help you get more of what you want in relationships or improve your relationships.
My therapeutic approach is primarily behavioral and cognitive-behavioral with an emphasis on using evidence-based practices and forming a collaborative team with my client. I work with adults of all ages.